It's Labor Day Weekend and we have lots of fun projects for you! Here's one by Clarrisa!
A Flat back denim shirt-No gathers or pleats on the back
Floriani No Show Mesh
Floriani Press n Bond Thread-NEW!Quilter’s Select Appli Web Plus-About 3 pieces 7”x 9”
Floriani Embroidery thread
Floriani Silver Metallic thread
Floriani “Rainbow” software-NEW!
Floriani Tearaway StabilizerScraps of fabric for “USA” applique letters
Parchment paper-About an 8”x 10” piece
Quilter’s Select Glue Stick
1. Included in this projectis a video on how the design for the back of the shirt was created. 2. The main design on the back of the shirt was created using Floriani Total Control software and Floriani’s new Rainbow software. Floriani’s Rainbow software is a Stand Alone piece of software which means you don’t need any other software to use it!! It is currently on sale through your local Floriani Dealer. Floriani Rainbow includes all the features of Floriani
Creative Express as well. Here is further
3. The design was first digitized using Floriani Total Control software using artwork that is included in the software. The artwork is found in the “backdrops library”. The icon for the “backdrops library” is located on the top toolbar, about 2/3rds of the way to the right.I made the design
4. Once the design is digitized and then selected, I opened the Rainbow and started creating my color theme.
5. Floriani Rainbow software allows you to change the colorways of any existing design with a couple of clicks. So much fun! In the software there are premade color “themes” or you can make your own color theme. I made a USA color theme for this design.
6. To create the USA Applique Font, I used the “Applique Bean” font in Total Control Software. The Applique Bean font is designed to be a raw edge applique as there is no satin or blanket finish stitch around the outside edge. There is a video included in this project on how to add the satin stitch to the edge of the USA applique.
Follow the remaining instructions on the PDF Below: